The Crown Chakra or Sahasrara Chakra is the highest of the seven chakras in our body. It is the seat of our wisdom, insight, emotions, and focus.
When the crown chakra is blocked or out of balance, it leads to immature behavior, a negative approach to life, a lack of perspective, mood swings, loss of concentration, and inability to connect with the Universe.
The physical symptoms of a blocked crown chakra include headaches, tiredness, and lack of hand-eye coordination.
If you are experiencing an emotional roller-coaster or too much drama in life, it is an indication of an out-of-sync crown chakra.
You can retrieve the balance of the chakra with chakra meditation. Affirmations are another powerful tool to get the same result.
This article underlines the importance of maintaining balance in the seventh chakra and lists 100 powerful chakra healing affirmations to make this happen.
Basic facts about the Crown Chakra
- Position: At the crown (located at the top of the head)
- Associated with: Direct spiritual connection to the Universe
- When balanced: Allows to seek and accept divine guidance, opens the mind, and feel connected to the Universe
- When imbalanced: Depression, loss of faith, confusion, migraines
- Color: Violet
- Mantra: Om
- Symbol: Thousand petaled lotus
- Element: All elements
- Yoga Poses: Headstand, Rabbit Pose, Lotus Pose, Balancing Butterfly Pose, and Savasana (Corpse Pose)
- Crystals: Selenite, Moonstone, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Diamond
- Essential Oils: Myrrh, Rose, Neroli
Imbalance of the crown chakra
Why do chakras get blocked?
If you are unaware of the workings of the chakras, you may end up doing things that can adversely impact their balance, in turn, negatively affect your wellbeing. To avoid this, you need to know how chakras get blocked.
Chakras, being spinning vortexes of energy, attract energies in their vicinity, be it positive or negative. The flow of energy within our body makes it possible for the negative energy to reach all chakras. Pent-up and unreleased negative energy within these energy centers leads to its blockage and ultimately wrecks its balance.
Addictive habits, poor lifestyle choices, undesirable company, and forgetting our true nature are all reasons for chakra imbalance.
How do you know your chakras are blocked?
These are some of the common visible signs of a chakra imbalance.
- You feel disconnected and disoriented
- You feel lonely, bored, and uninspired
- You feel as if your life is falling apart
- You can sense that something is wrong
- You keep repeating the same mistakes
- You are often sick
You experience these symptoms often but do not pay attention to them or do not link them to blockage in your chakras. The earlier you identify and accept this and take corrective action, the easier and faster you can regain the balance.
Importance of restoring the balance
Chakras need to be open, unblocked, energized, and aligned for your body to function at its optimum level. Any adverse impact on the chakras can throw your life out of gear.
Here are some of the benefits of chakra balancing.
- Improved focus, awareness, and memory.
- Positive attitude to help you tackle everyday problems
- Better ability to heal your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual ailments
- Enhanced overall health and wellbeing
- Better sense of self-worth and self-confidence
- Elevated levels of resourcefulness and creativity
- Greater control over your emotions
- More kindness, compassion, and patience
Ways to heal your crown chakra
The crown chakra is the most advanced and developed of all chakras. The energy to the crown chakra comes from the lower 6 chakras. This means, to rectify any imbalance in the crown chakra, you need to work on the balance of all the remaining 6 chakras with added emphasis on the crown chakra.
There are various techniques available to open up chakras and get the energy flowing in them. Some of the most effective and easy-to-practice methods are:
- Practice chakra meditation
- Chanting the mantra “Om”
- Repeat affirmations
- Use crystals
- Use essential oils
- Practice specific yoga poses for each chakra
- Music therapy
- Add violet/purple color to the wardrobe and decor
- Include chakra-specific foods in your diet
- Declutter your living space
- Keep a gratitude journal
Of these, meditation is considered to be the most powerful and effective way to open up the blocked crown chakra and bring back the balance and heal it. However, meditation is not for everyone, as most people find it hard to focus.
The next best approach to rebalance the crown chakra would be affirmations. Much easier to practice, affirmations are easier to make part of the daily routine.
How can affirmations help?
Affirmations are positive statements meant to raise your level of self-belief, self-respect, and self-confidence without involving ego or judgment. These statements are framed to counter the negative thoughts that are wreaking havoc in your mind and body.
Repeating these positive affirmations regularly can help in changing the way you think and ultimately shifting your mindset. The positive imprints that the affirmations leave on your mind can help you overcome the most persistent of negative thoughts and feelings.
Crown chakra affirmations are such positive statements framed specifically to benefit the crown chakra and help to remove its blockages and retrieve its balance.
If you are new to affirmations, you may find them too simple, superfluous, or even ridiculous. Set aside such thoughts and approach them with an open mind. Affirmations have been used for ages to driving away negativity and shift mindset. And millions have found them helpful.
The secret to success in affirming is to believe in them wholeheartedly. Anything done with a pure heart and complete faith is bound to get you the desired results. The same is true in the case of affirmations.
How to practice affirmations to open crown chakra?
The ideal times for practicing affirmations are early in the morning right after you wake up and at night just before your bedtime when your mind will be the calmest with the least internal chatter or self-talk going on. Set aside enough time for the activity so that you will have uninterrupted and undisturbed time. This can take anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes.
You may also repeat affirmations while taking a bath, when doing chores like cooking or cleaning, or even when having meals. However, ensure that you are alone and there are no distractions or disturbances nearby.
It is important to focus your mind on what you are repeating. Spending ten or fifteen minutes repeating these statements all while your mind is somewhere else is not going to work. To this end, it is beneficial to integrate visualization with affirmations.
That is when you are affirming “I am successful”, visualize your success in any setting – at the office, at your business, at studies, or achieving your health goals.
Specifically for crown chakra affirmations include the color violet/purple in your visualizations. You may keep your eyes closed or keep them focused on something like a candle. You may say the affirmations aloud or in your mind. You may also write them down in a journal dedicated to this activity.
Affirmations can also be played as audio or video to help you stay focused. It can be made part of a vision board and displayed in places that you frequent. For the more tech-savvy, there is also the option of the electronic version of the vision board to be saved on your phone or laptop.
Choose affirmations that resonate with you. You may choose from these readymade affirmations or write some on your own. If you are writing your affirmations, make sure they are framed in the present tense and in a positive tone.
At a time, choose five to ten affirmations and repeat each five to ten times. You can do more if you have more time.
100 powerful crown chakra affirmations
- All is well.
- I feel connected to the Universe.
- I am grateful for the guidance from the Universe.
- I deserve the love and direction from the Universe.
- I sense and honor the divine within.
- I consider the world and the people in it as my guide and teachers.
- I am a part and extension of the Universe.
- The Universe is kind, compassionate, and loving.
- I feel connected to the wisdom of the Universe.
- I live in the present moment.
- I am ready to embrace new thoughts and ideas.
- I find what I search for easily.
- I am open to letting go of my attachments.
- I feel oneness with the Universe.
- Divinity is present within me.
- I am guided by inner wisdom.
- My mind is at peace.
- I am intricately linked to the Universe.
- I am loved and protected by the Universe.
- I am aware that all is well and good in my life.
- I feel a strong connection to nature.
- I live my life with love and grace.
- I am constantly seeking and receiving divine wisdom.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I appreciate my attitude and spirit.
- I am thankful for the divine guidance and support.
- My mind is open and expansive.
- I cherish and honor the divinity within me.
- I am an integral part of the Universe.
- I embrace this beautiful life with all my heart.
- I always seek to learn from my experiences.
- I am constantly seeking experiences to enrich my consciousness.
- I willingly listen to the wisdom of the Universe.
- I trust my intuition and inner guidance.
- I am grateful for all the blessings.
- I am free of all negative emotions.
- I feel healed and rejuvenated in the core of my being.
- I feel completely aware and awake.
- I am connected to everything in this Universe.
- I am letting go of the limiting beliefs that have been holding me back.
- I can sense a strong connection to my higher self.
- I feel spiritually awakened.
- I am aware of the endless possibilities available to me.
- I am perfectly capable of achieving anything.
- My life experiences are joyous and delightful.
- I am fully aware of the purpose of my life.
- I am blessed to receive divine guidance.
- I am open to receiving blessings from the Universe.
- I welcome divine energy and allow it to flow through my chakras.
- Everything I want or seek is within me.
- I am divine.
- I tap into my insight and inner wisdom.
- I am fully awake at every moment of my life.
- I am closely bound to my higher self.
- I am in touch with the divinity within me.
- I am pure and perfect love.
- I am absolute consciousness.
- I am infinite and boundless.
- My life’s purpose is significant and clear.
- I am one with the Universe.
- I am complete. serene, and balanced.
- I trust and believe in the journey of life.
- I am cosmic energy.
- I live in the light. I am the light.
- I draw my power from the divine.
- I choose to live my life free and unshackled.
- I seek to understand and learn.
- I thankfully receive and accept divine knowledge.
- I am linked to everything.
- I am powerful
- I am at peace.
- I am the vibration of this Universe.
- I am timeless.
- I am the Universe.
- I am guided by my intuition.
- I am kind, selfless, and generous.
- I love and accept everything that comes my way.
- I am here on this earth for a reason.
- I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.
- I believe that the Universe will always have my back.
- I am the light that illuminates the surroundings.
- I have a positive mindset.
- I search for positivity in everything.
- I rely on my inner wisdom to make the right decisions.
- I accept myself for who I am.
- I channel my energy for gainful purposes.
- I am healing spiritually.
- I identify with my higher self.
- I search for truth by questioning everything.
- I feel happy and complete.
- I happily and willingly take on my responsibilities.
- I calmly release my ego.
- I am in complete control of my emotions.
- I am optimistic and confident.
- I am aware of my inner beauty.
- I embrace life and cherish my spirit.
- I radiate love and warmth.
- I respect the intentions and emotions of others.
- I am open to receiving new energy.
- I surrender to the power of the Universe.
The crown chakra is your connecting point to the Universe. Unlike other chakras, it is here that the body meets the mind. Crown chakra is the seat of your spirituality, wisdom, consciousness, and enlightenment.
All the more reason why you should maintain your crown chakra in perfect balance.
Resources related to “Chakra Balancing”