Most often in life, it is not possible to make a reciprocating gesture for all the great things we receive. Not all blessings can be compensated or mere compensation is not enough. Gratitude bridges the gap beautifully.
It is one of the unique emotions that benefits both the giver and the receiver. Gratitude affirmations help in reinforcing the feeling of joy and happiness throughout the day.
What is gratitude?
Gratitude is the genuine feeling of thankfulness and appreciation for the things that happen in your life. When you feel grateful, you are not only acknowledging the blessing but taking time to appreciate the impact the events made in your life.
Appreciation doesn’t need to be for personal things alone. You can also feel grateful for things that happen for the common good. You can feel thankful for anything that touched your heart.
Gratitude affirmations are statements that express your feeling of thankfulness and appreciation.
How does it help?
The affirmations of gratitude are a constant reminder of the blessings and their positive influence on your life. Repeating these statements lifts your mood and brings in contentment. When you are feeling grateful for something good that happened to you, your self-esteem gets a big boost.
When you are derailed by negative happenings in your everyday life and you find yourself straying away from happy feelings and positive thoughts, gratitude affirmations can help bring you back on track. They help you focus on the blessings and keep your attention away from those occasional misfortunes. This is useful in avoiding self-pity and depression.
According to the concept of the law of attraction, positivity attracts more positivity. This means, when you are feeling optimistic and happy, more good things will come to you.
What are morning gratitude affirmations?
Morning affirmations are positive statements of gratitude you say to yourself at the start of the day. It is ideal to say/listen to them daily when you are in a relaxed state of mind after you wake up in the morning.
You can play an audio or video and repeat them yourself. Or you can make posters and stick them where you can see them. Or just write them out or say them aloud or in mind. It is entirely up to you to decide how you want to use them.
Choose affirmations of appreciation from all spheres of your life and make sure they include your thoughts and actions. You can compile the list from already existing affirmations or write them yourself.
One important point to remember is to involve your feelings in the process. Feel gratitude, happiness, joy, and appreciation from the bottom of your heart. Feel proud of your achievements and congratulate yourself for leading a meaningful life.
How to express gratitude to the Universe?
The air we breathe, the food we eat, the ground we walk on… we have a long list of blessings to thank the Universe for. And this includes our very existence.
Most often we take for granted when things are going right in our life. That is nothing to feel guilty about. It is only natural. However, now and then we need to pause for a moment and reflect on our blessings and express our gratitude.
Every day, in our normal course of life, we say thanks to people around us for doing us favors. But how to thank the invisible Universe that has done so much for us; more than anyone else?
Gratitude affirmations are designed to do this job wonderfully. When we are repeating these affirmations, we realize the existence of all those great things in our lives. And this fills our hearts with contentment. This feeling of contentment leads to positive thoughts, which in turn forms the fertile base for our dreams to grow and bear fruit.
30 powerful Gratitude Affirmations to get you started
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am thankful to the Universe for all the blessings in my life.
- Every day I have more to be grateful for.
- I am thankful for all the people in my life.
- I am grateful to all those who helped in my life’s journey.
- I appreciate everything I have in my life.
- I am looking forward to each new day with gratitude.
- I am thankful for my dreams of yesterday because they are the reality of today.
- I am grateful for my willpower that helps me survive against all odds.
- I am thankful for myself.
- I am grateful that I can see the positive side of any situation.
- I am blessed to do what I love in life.
- I am thankful for every opportunity to do something good and help others.
- I am grateful that I have so much to be thankful for.
- I am blessed to live the life of my dreams.
- I am grateful for this wonderful life.
- I thank the Universe for making me who I am and giving me what I have.
- I give thanks to the Universe for love, happiness, and abundance in my life.
- There is something positive even in bad happenings. I thank the Universe for helping me see it.
- The obstacles in life are opportunities for growth. Thank you, Universe for helping me evolve.
- I thank the Universe for helping me find joy and abundance.
- I am grateful that I can see the beauty and goodness in everything around me.
- I am thankful for the love I am capable of giving and receiving.
- I am thankful for what I have and excited about what is yet to come.
- I appreciate the unconditional support from the Universe in everything I do.
- I am grateful that I can see challenges as stepping stones to growth and success.
- I thank the Universe for helping me realize that everything happens in life for a purpose.
- I appreciate the beautiful nature around me.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to live in this incredible world.
- I am grateful for my tenacious attitude. It helps me find love, joy, and abundance in the bleakest of situations.
Gratitude affirmations help us to manifest our desires, making us feel more grateful. The more grateful you are, the more you get and the more you get, the more grateful you are! This forms a beautiful virtuous circle of events. When you are more appreciative of the finer things in your life, you become more thankful for life as a whole.
Gratitude helps you see the positive side of everything you come across. Affirmations can help you develop a habit of gratitude.