Have you ever wondered why you are unsuccessful in your quest for love? Or why are your relationships painful and short-lived?
Do you have trouble opening up your heart to give and receive love? Or do you find it hard to be kind, compassionate, and forgiving towards others as well as yourself?
Look no further. The cause of all these problems must be a blocked heart chakra.
If left unattended, a blocked and imbalanced heart chakra can wreak havoc in your life. Your relationships with your near and dear ones will always remain strained and filled with tension. Even your relationship with yourself will be difficult.
This article explores ways to open up and unblock heart chakra and regain its balance with powerful heart chakra affirmations. You will also find a list of standard positive affirmations for heart chakra healing.
Basic facts about the heart chakra
- Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra)
- Position: In the heart region
- Associated with: Love, emotions, and ability to connect
- When balanced: Spiritual awareness, give and receive love, forgive, and form emotional bonds
- When imbalanced: Inability to feel empathy, love, and compassion, heart problems
- Color: Green
- Mantra: Yam
- Symbol: 12 petaled lotus
- Element: Air
- Yoga Poses: Camel Pose, Cobra Pose, Wheel Pose, Eagle Pose
- Crystals: Jade, Green Aventurine, Rose Quartz, Amazonite, Emerald
- Essential Oils: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine
More about the heart chakra
The heart chakra is the fourth chakra located at the center of your chest above the sternum. It is associated with relationships and emotions like love, compassion, forgiveness, and empathy.
The presence of the life-giving heart and its central location within the body makes the heart chakra the focal point of the chakra system. This chakra takes on the central role, connecting the lower and upper chakras. It is considered the bridge that connects the earth with divine power.
The heart chakra controls our sense of happiness, inner peace, trust, courage, kindness, gratitude, and the ability to relate to others and bond. It is the seat of self-love, respect for others, emotional control, and maintaining healthy boundaries.
All these make the heart chakra the most important factor for strong healthy relationships. All the more reason why it should be maintained in good shape.
Why does the heart chakra get blocked?
Chakras, being energy centers, attract all energies within their vicinity. The downside of this is that they can attract negative energy as well. When negative energy enters a chakra, it stays put there, blocking the flow of energy within the chakra as well as among chakras in the body. This will lead to blockage and imbalance of the chakras.
This negative energy can come from people, things, or events you are involved with. As the heart chakra is the seat of emotions and feelings, all kinds of negative emotions can result in its blockage. Such as anger, hate, sadness, fear, and jealousy. Stress, anxiety, and depression too play a substantial role in heart chakra getting blocked.
Conflict in relationships can lead to a slew of negative emotions and can harm the heart chakra. When the heart chakra fills up with negative energy, it stagnates and hampers the free flow of energy.
The energy vortexes or spinning energy fields within the chakras slows down or even grinds to a halt. This means the chakra is out of balance and can no longer attract positive energy into it on its own. That is of serious concern.
How to know that your heart chakra is blocked?
The blockage in the heart can be of varying intensities. Mild blockages are very common and in the normal course of life it gets corrected and you regain balance. However, for some people at some times, this problem can persist for longer periods because of other external factors. When ignored or not taken care of promptly, heart chakra blockage can have serious repercussions.
Most often blockage in the heart chakra is felt internally and remains within the person. Some of the common signs of this are:
- Loneliness and shyness
- Anxiety and stress
- Sadness and depression
- Lack of forgiveness
- Absence of compassion and empathy
At times, this turns toxic and will result in the person lashing out at the people around them and the world in general. Or it may lead to lower levels of self-worth and self-confidence The signs are:
- Hatred and jealousy
- Resentment and revenge
- Holding grudges
- Severe judgment of others
- High expectations from others
- Looking for approval from others
- Overdependence on others for emotional fulfillment
- Inability to let go of the past
- Dysfunctional relationships
Why is it important to open up the heart chakra?
As you can see, the symptoms of the heart chakra blockage can severely impact your normal functioning. It can destroy your happiness and peace of mind. Your self-respect and confidence will disappear. Your relationships suffer immensely and often result in breakups.
If you allow this state of affairs to continue for long, you would slip into depression. This causes more negative thoughts and feelings, leading to the blockage getting worse. Once you are trapped in this vicious cycle of depression and chakra imbalance, it would be a monumental task to get out of it.
The ideal way to deal with a heart chakra imbalance would be to identify and tackle it as early as possible. After all, the saying goes, “a stitch in time saves nine”.
How to restore balance in the heart chakra?
The imbalance in the heart chakra can wreak havoc in your life but restoring balance is not as hard as you would imagine. Here are some simple techniques to realign and heal your heart chakra.
Chakra meditation – A meditation practice in which you focus on the heart chakra. You may rely on the color, mantra, crystal, and/or essential oils specific to the chakra to make it more focused.
Yoga poses – Practicing heart chakra-specific yoga poses can help in opening up the chakra.
Affirmations – These simple positive statements can do you a world of good.
Crystal therapy – Placing heart chakra-specific crystals in the chest region is found to be helpful.
Aromatherapy – The use of essential oils regularly can help in keeping the heart chakra unblocked.
Get close to nature – As green is the color of the heart chakra, there is no better way to add the color in your life than spend more time with plants or out in the open.
Incorporating more green color in your daily life, including more green foods, chanting the heart chakra mantra, and breathing exercises (heart chakra element is air) are some more choices to retrieve the balance of the heart chakra.
Affirmations for opening up the heart chakra
Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to boost your confidence and self-love. As the heart chakra is linked to emotions and feelings, affirmations related to love, compassion, and healing can help.
How do affirmations help?
Repeating affirmations can bring in more positive emotions and feelings over time. As more positivity flows in the heart chakra, the negative energy that is blocking it gets annulled or forced out. Ultimately, this will help in opening up the chakra and regain its balance.
How to use affirmations to unblock the heart chakra?
Affirmations offer the best results when repeated with focus and a calm mind. This means early in the morning and just before bedtime are the perfect times for repeating them. Take care to set aside enough time for the exercise so that you will be undisturbed. You may repeat them aloud, or in your mind, write them down in a journal, listen or watch a pre-recorded track. You may also make them part of a vision board.
100 healing heart chakra affirmations
The heart chakra is all about emotion and feelings. So, the affirmations are all related to matters of the heart such as love, kindness, compassion, hope, and gratitude.
Here are 100 heart chakra affirmations for you to choose from.
- I am love.
- I deserve love.
- I love others without restraints.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I have access to endless and everlasting love.
- I live a well-balanced life.
- I freely forgive others and myself.
- Love is the guiding force in my life.
- I offer love and accept love unreservedly and effortlessly.
- My life is filled with gratitude and grace.
- I embrace people, things, and situations as they are.
- I am calm and peaceful.
- I choose to connect with my fellow beings of this Universe through love and respect.
- I direct love towards myself.
- My heart radiates love and compassion.
- I live in harmony with my fellow beings.
- I willingly let go of all anger and resentment.
- I forgive my mistakes. I learn from them.
- There is an abundance of love in the Universe.
- My heart is pure and open to love.
- I choose to give and receive love every day.
- I am naturally linked to everything else in this Universe.
- My heart is free of past aches and damages.
- It is all right for me to love and be loved.
- I am immensely grateful for all the blessings.
- My heart is brimming with joy and gratitude.
- I absolutely love, accept, and believe in myself,
- My heart is full of love.
- I am fully open and free to love.
- I forgive myself wholeheartedly for the past mistakes.
- I forgive those who treated me badly.
- My heart is filled with the green light of unvarnished love.
- I release all my bitterness and grudges.
- I free myself from the feelings of resentment and hate.
- I am positive and confident.
- I am free and independent.
- I am in full control of my emotions.
- I do not allow others to mistreat and hurt me.
- I am the eternal source of love and light.
- I don’t support or engage in hurtful and toxic behaviors.
- I am trustworthy and reliable.
- I am worthy of infinite and unconditional love.
- I open my heart to love and compassion from the Universe.
- I treat others with respect and kindness.
- I feel compassion and empathy for my fellow beings.
- I live in the present moment.
- I love and am loved.
- I am loving and lovable.
- I radiate positivity and pure love.
- I choose to be kind to myself.
- My heart is aligned with the most powerful energy vibration of love.
- I completely embrace who I am and allow myself to grow.
- I choose to connect and not to detach.
- I choose to be kind and compassionate and not to judge and hate.
- I deserve praise, adoration, and love.
- I always deserve love.
- I radiate and attract positive energy.
- I am the symbol and harbinger of love and compassion.
- I live a life filled with love.
- I love everything about me unconditionally.
- I embrace my goodness and faults without reservations.
- My heart is powered by the unbounded positive energy of love and compassion.
- I accept my faults and flaws with grace.
- I gracefully allow myself to be imperfect and incomplete.
- I am grateful. I am peaceful.
- I love myself a bit more every day.
- I choose to love myself as much as I love others.
- I have reconciled with my past. I am enjoying my present.
- I have accepted and am at peace with my past, the present, and the future.
- I am a powerful force of love in the Universe.
- Every particle in my body is pulsating at the frequency of love.
- My heart is reverberating with love.
- I choose to love and not to hate.
- I am in love with the kind and generous soul staring at me from the mirror.
- I breathe in love; I breathe out hatred.
- I love life and allow life to love me.
- I am building loving relationships.
- I feel safe and secure in a loving relationship.
- Love is the catalyst, my guiding light, and the ultimate truth.
- I am kind to myself.
- I allow myself to love.
- The people in my life are loving and caring.
- I feel safe to be myself.
- I recognize the power of love.
- I allow the power of love to heal my heart.
- I spread love and happiness wherever I go.
- My relationships are a source of endless joy.
- I see others as they are and accept them unconditionally.
- I welcome and accept help and support from others.
- I find ways to be myself without hurting others.
- I actively try to heal myself.
- I accept the blessings of the Universe with grace and gratitude.
- I am a forgiving and loving person.
- I live in balance with others.
- I listen to my heart.
- I allow love to fill me and guide me.
- I am eternally connected to the boundless Universal love.
- I get back the love I give multiplied.
- I release all negative energy from my heart chakra.
- My heart chakra is open and perfectly balanced.
Prevention is always better than cure. It is ideal to maintain the heart chakra in good health with the regular practice of meditation, affirmation, or yoga. Even if it gets blocked, don’t allow things to slide and let matters come to a head. The earlier you take remedial measures, the lesser the hardship you will have to go through and the easier you will regain the chakra balance.
Maintaining your heart chakra in robust shape is essential for a happy and peaceful life as well as to enjoy strong healthy relationships. The first step in this direction is to practice self-love and embrace yourself warts and all.
Resources related to “Chakra Balancing”