As your days get busier, you may find it harder to keep up with your relationships and friendships. But you may come across moments when the memory of someone dear pops up in your mind and you will miss them dearly.
Whether you’ve moved or your bestie has, missing someone can make you feel very lonely. If you are not the kind of person known for being expressive about your feelings, you may find it hard to put your emotions into a nicely-worded text message. How to tell someone you miss them indirectly?
This is all the more important in a long distance relationship. Instead of waiting for that day when you can see your partner and tell them in person, by sending a simple cute text, you can make your partner feel important and loved. It will make them feel cared for and not taken for granted.
If you’re intimidated by the idea of the perfect text to send to your partner, don’t worry, help is at hand. The trick is to find the right text for the right occasion, depending on mood and context.
Sometimes, it can be just a “Hello!” text or you can use the opportunity to go down memory lane and relive the good moments you shared. Or you can write about your plans to meet up soon. In case you offended them the last time you saw them, it can also be an apology and an effort to revive the relationship.
This article lists all these categories of cute text messages you can use to tell someone you miss them over text.
34 Thoughtful Texts To Send Someone You Miss
Casual “Hi!” or Hello!” texts
This is the easiest of them all. You won’t have to think too much to frame these text messages. As these are meant for everyone and all occasions, it would be easier for you to pick one from the standard texts listed here.
Most of these texts can be used for all kinds of relationships and not just romantic ones. When you haven’t met this person for a long time and for reasons unknown, you find yourself thinking of them and missing them. These texts are the perfect way to reconnect and resurrect the relationship.
Here are a few examples of telling someone you miss them in a cute way.
- “Hey! I am missing your beautiful face.”
- “Missing your captivating smile…”
- “Just checking. Am thinking of you and missing you terribly. Hope you’re doing great!”
- “Saw your latest picture on Instagram. How I miss you!”
- “Hey, buddy, I haven’t seen you in a while! I miss you!”
- “Was hoping to catch up with you at Sarah’s wedding. So sad you can’t make it!”
- “Thinking of you. Missing you. Hope you’re well.”
- “This may come as a surprise to you. Want you to know that I love you and miss you.”
- “It’s been a minute. Would love to catch up with you.”
- “I’m in town. Can we meet this weekend?”
“Reliving the cherished moments” texts
Whether it is your partner or best friend, relationships are about creating memories together. Some of those memories live with you forever. When you see someone or something unrelated, you will be surprised to find these memories jogged up. And along with the memories, you’ll start missing the person associated with it as well.
Inside jokes and funny recollections of the time spent together can help in bringing you closer. The laughter and the warm emotions you shared once can make you miss the person. These are the perfect materials to rekindle your relationship with someone.
- “Well. Today I was checking out restaurants and stumbled upon our old favorite. Oh my gosh, how much I miss you!”
- “Do you remember that wild evening we had? Wish we could do it once more!” (Attach an old photo)
- “’Smells Like Teen Spirit’ by Nirvana is playing on the radio. Remember the song? Miss you so much!”
- “Today I took a road trip to Big Sur. Couldn’t help remembering the first one we had together!”
- “Was reading about Gen Z’s obsession with Y2K fashion trends. Don’t you wish you had kept those tracksuits and low-rise denim?”
- “Do you still love karaoke? After a long time, yesterday I went to a karaoke bar. Missing you!”
- “I am visiting San Francisco for work. The city is not the same without you. Missing you a lot!”
- “Still have your jacket with me. Saw it yesterday while clearing the wardrobe. Thinking of you and missing you!”
- “Was listening to Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters on Spotify. How time flies! How I wish we could time travel.”
- “Bumped into Jackson last weekend at a restaurant. Do you remember Jackson? What fun times we had together! Missing you terribly…”
“Love to catch up” texts
You may have lost touch with this person for a while now and may not want to call them up out of the blue. You may want to send them a cute text first suggesting a meeting or at least a video call.
As you have been out of touch with this person for a long time, you may want to convey a lot in the short and cute text so that they will accept your proposal to meet up in person or virtually. You definitely don’t want to go wrong with this.
Here are the examples of telling him you miss him without sounding needy.
- “It has been a long time. How are you? I miss you. Can we make plans to catch up sometime soon?”
- “I just can’t believe it has been a year since we last met. Any chances of you coming to this part of the world? Would love to get together.”
- “Hey! I am in New York for work. Staying over for the weekend. Let’s meet at our usual haunt.”
- “It’s been a long time since we talked to each other. I miss you so much! Let me know when you’re free to chat.”
- “I’m in Santa Fe for a gallery opening today. I’d love to meet you later. Let me know if you can make it.”
- “Just realized that I haven’t talked to you for a while now. Any chance for a catch-up call this weekend?”
- “Missing you! Can we meet up soon? I can come over if it suits you. I can even bring grubs.”
- “Are you planning a trip here anytime soon? I will take you to this fancy sushi joint.”
- “Got some time for a FaceTime date coming weekend? Love to catch up.”
“I’m sorry!” texts
Sending apology texts to rekindle a long-lost relationship is not new. But use this approach only if you have done or said something that deserves an apology.
Maybe you grew apart because you offended them. You know that you owe them an apology. Sometimes a simple “I’m sorry!” is all you need to say to reconnect. Again, the content of your apology depends on what transpired between the two of you.
Here are a few samples of telling someone you miss them without saying it over text
- “I’m so sorry that it took me so long to reconnect with you. It has been too long since we talked. I really miss you and want to make it right with you.”
- “Hey, I owe you an apology for abandoning you and leaving you stranded. I accept what I did was wrong. I’m sorry. Let’s put this episode behind us. Will you accept my apology?”
- “I vanished from your life without even a goodbye or an explanation. I am truly sorry for taking so much time to reach out. I really miss you and would like to meet up.”
- “I’m so sorry that I took so long to reply to your message. When I tell you that I really miss you, you may find it unbelievable. But it’s true. I really want you to know how much you matter to me.”
- “I know I’m not good at replying to messages and maintaining a long distance relationship. I hope you will give me one more chance. I miss you so badly. I promise to be there for you always.”
Final thoughts on telling someone you miss them over text
Initiating a conversation with someone you have lost touch with over text can be hard sometimes. You aren’t sure how they will treat your request for rekindling the relationship or how much they have changed and moved on in life.
However, if you value the relationship and miss them hard enough, you should be willing to take a chance and put in the effort. Or else, you’ll regret having done nothing. Even if you get no response or a negative response, you will be happy that you tried.
And, for all you know, this person may jump at the opportunity to revive your relationship. A cute text can change your life for the better.
Related: How to Check Loyalty in Long Distance Relationship?