Have you yet tried manifesting your dreams using the law of attraction? Did you succeed in your efforts?
One of the most heard grievances from manifestation novices is that it takes too much time that they finally give up. Have you experienced the same? If yes, don’t worry. There is a quick-fix solution for this.
While reading up on the law of attraction and manifestation, you must have heard about the benefits of affirmations. Are you using them? Are you using them in the most judicious way possible?
Maybe not. That may be the reason for your below-par manifestation experience. If you are willing to invest some time understanding the diverse ways of utilizing affirmations and their amazing benefits, you will be able to strengthen your manifestation process and raise your chances of success.
This article provides you with a 360° view of affirmations. You will find here the meaning, benefits, ways to write them on your own, and how to use them the best way possible.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that help you boost your confidence, self-esteem, and self-belief. They act as instant energy boosters, helping you overcome negative emotions and thoughts.
Affirmations promote positive thinking and self-empowerment. As a positive mindset is the most essential component for manifestation, affirmations are considered one of the most powerful and effective tools for manifesting your dreams.
Affirmations need to be repeated as often as possible to create a lasting impact on your mind. Ultimately, this will help in shifting the mindset from a negative to a positive one.
The Power of Positive Affirmations
All the books and reading material on the law of attraction and manifestation sing paeans about powerful affirmations. The reason is self-evident.
Affirmations are easy to understand and simple to use. It can be used by anyone in any situation at any point in time. You can repeat them when traveling to work, doing chores at home, or even when riding an elevator.
Often people are unimpressed by affirmations because of their deceiving simplicity. It is a common delusion that you can gain something only through hard work. As a rule, this may be true. Affirmation is one of the exceptions to this rule.
Simple though they are, affirmations top the list of tools for manifestation. Its easy-to-use feature doesn’t diminish any of its benefits.
One of the vital functions of affirmation is promoting positive thinking. Repeating affirmation regularly can help shift your mindset to a positive frame of mind. Another important role for affirmations is in the elimination of mental blocks.
When manifesting a desire, you may have existing beliefs that are contradictory in nature to your desire. This clash will prevent your manifestation attempt from succeeding. Affirmations are the go-to tool for this. Again, through repetition, affirmations can help you get out of the limiting mindset.
Some more ways affirmations can be of use to you are:
- Boost your motivational levels
- Inspire you to finish the task
- Help you get a handle on your emotions
- Gain control over negative feelings such as anger, fear, nervousness, and frustration
Affirmations may not produce results overnight. They work slowly and steadily, changing your way of thinking and ultimately transforming your life.
3 Ways to Use Affirmations to Manifest Your Dreams
Affirmations can be used in many ways for achieving diverse results. So, depending on your purpose, the affirmations need to be chosen correctly and used in the right way to get the desired result.
You can have daily positive affirmations to boost your positive thinking. You can have goal-specific affirmations to help you realize the manifestation goal. You can frame affirmations in such a way as to neutralize the destructive effects of limiting beliefs.
That is not all. Read on to learn how to use affirmations to manifest your dreams and at the same time make you a better human being.
1. Daily positive affirmations
This is something you need to choose with care. These affirmations need to be much simpler than your standard affirmations. These need to be shorter and easier to remember. They need to resonate with you and your purpose.
You can create a list of 15-30 affirmations and pick one at the beginning of every day. These affirmations are meant for raising your confidence level and helping you with positive thinking. You can also use them to motivate you.
2. Affirmations to counter limiting beliefs
These are mental blocks that tell you that you “can’t” or “don’t deserve” or “not capable”. Even when you are trying hard to manifest a goal, these beliefs will tell you that it is not possible. To help your manifestation effort succeed, you have no choice but to remove these negative thoughts from your mind.
In this case, affirmations need to be framed with care. Once you identify your limiting belief. All you need to do is to flip the switch on it. If your limiting belief is “I can’t do this”, you can reverse it to read “I can do this”. Use this as affirmation and repeat them until your mind accepts that you can.
Related: 60 I am Affirmations for Abundance
3. Law of attraction affirmations
These are usually goal-specific affirmations to maintain your focus on the goal. This is vital for successful manifestation.
When choosing these affirmations, you need to pay attention to their believability. The sky’s indeed the limit for manifestation. However, this comes with a rider. You should be able to believe in the goal without an iota of doubt. This same concept applies to affirmations for manifesting.
You may use these guidelines when choosing positive affirmations.
- Affirmations need to be believable to be effective.
- They need to be concise and content-rich to get you the desired results.
- They should be short and easy to remember so that you can repeat them.
- They should be framed in the present tense, preferably in the format “I am…”.
- Use words that convey your emotions to make them more intense and powerful.
Here are some suggestions on how to use affirmations.
- Repeat affirmations as soon as you wake up and just before you fall asleep.
- Repeat the positive daily affirmations all day long. The more you repeat, the more effective it will be.
- Feel the emotions and believe in them when repeating affirmations. Doing it mechanically is pointless.
- Use mirror work. This involves looking at yourself in the mirror when repeating affirmations. This is considered highly useful when you are using them to improve your self-image and positive thinking.
- Write them in a journal. It is proven beyond doubt that writing something is more effective than saying it.
- Include them in a vision board. And place them in strategic locations that will catch your eye multiple times throughout the day.
Related: 9 Different Ways to Manifest
How to Write Your Own Positive Affirmations that Work for You
While choosing affirmations, whether to promote positive thinking or to manifest your goals, you can pick suitable ones from standard affirmations available in plenty on online websites. All you need to make sure is that they strike a chord with you, your purpose, and your goal. If you cannot find appropriate ones, you can tweak the existing ones to suit your purpose.
If you are not satisfied with any of the ready-made ones, you are free to write powerful affirmations on your own. Writing down affirmations is neither hard nor too much work.
Here are the guidelines for writing affirmations.
- If you want to counter negative thoughts, use them to write the opposite. This makes a powerful affirmation.
- When you are trying to eliminate limiting beliefs, as described earlier, turn them on the head and create positive statements out of them.
- Be concise and specific.
- Use the words “I” or “my”.
- Make it in the present tense.
- Throw in gratitude and emotions into the mix.
- Make sure that they are positive statements.
- Avoid the words “need” and “want” and “will”.
- Make sure that you believe in the affirmations you have written.
Have you tried using affirmations to manifest your dream yet?
Did you choose from the standard affirmations or write them on your own? How effective were they in shifting your mindset? After reading this article, could you identify the areas where you can improve? Do you think that you now know how to use affirmations in the best way possible?
These are the questions you should be asking yourself now and finding answers to.