You may have heard about positive affirmations. Do you know that there are specific positive affirmations for men?
Yes, you heard it right.
Affirmations need to resonate with the individual and their goals and needs. These words of affirmation for men are specially framed to suit their requirements.
Numerous questions must be popping up in your mind. What is so special about daily affirmations for men? How are they different from regular affirmations? Do men need to use positive affirmations?
Read on to get your questions answered and your doubts cleared. Here, you will also find 80 powerful affirmations tailored to suit the needs of men. As a bonus, you will also find here the secret to framing the best affirmations.
How can affirmations help?
As you already know, affirmations are positive statements to boost confidence and self-esteem. When framed well, they can benefit you in multiple ways.
One of the most important uses of positive affirmation is to overcome mental blocks, also known as limiting beliefs. Some of us may have preconceived notions about what is right or what we are capable of. This can prevent us from achieving our potential and life’s goals.
Repeating powerful affirmations can expand our horizons and unlock our minds to the immense possibilities open to us. This can help us in fulfilling our potential and turn negative thoughts and feelings into positive ones. In fact, positive affirmations are the best tools to reprogram our minds and completely transform our lives.
Affirmations can also raise our positive energy vibrations and fill our hearts with hope and confidence. Daily positive affirmations can raise our self-esteem and self-belief so high to help us become a better version of ourselves every day.
Now, let’s come back to the question. Are there positive affirmations for men? Why is it necessary? How can it help?
Why do men need special affirmations?
It is a misconception that women tend to believe more in mental exercises meant to improve positive thinking and similar skills. And that affirmations are typically framed to benefit women.
None of these presumptions are true. Men need as much positive mindset, self-esteem, and confidence as women do. This means affirmations can be helpful for men as well. However, as in the case of anyone, the affirmations chosen should reflect the aspirations and needs of the person repeating them.
If anything, affirmations are more beneficial to men as by nature, they are reluctant to open up about their struggles and problems. Men usually have a hard time dealing with their emotions.
Men may be good at a whole bunch of things, but processing their emotions, feelings, and thoughts is not one of them. They tend to score low in emotional intelligence and they tend to be less resilient than women about emotional issues.
This may be one of the reasons for the higher suicide rate among men.
As long as men can recognize and acknowledge this flaw and take steps to rectify it, there is no reason for concern. Affirmations can help men overcome their natural reticence in dealing with emotional issues.
Do you need to create your own affirmations?
Framing your affirmations would be the ideal thing to do. However, if you don’t know how to or don’t have the time for it, you can use the standard affirmations available on the internet or in books. Just remember to choose your affirmations with care.
Here are a few pointers while picking your affirmations.
- The affirmations need to relate to your life and goals.
- Choose ones that are concise and to the point.
- “I am” affirmations are more powerful.
- Avoid ones with the words “want”, “need”, or “will”.
- Pick ones expressing gratitude.
Another choice before you is to write your own affirmations. This won’t need as much time as you think it will. Do you know that the best affirmations of them all can be created from your own negative thoughts or feelings?
If you are looking for a positive affirmation to change your mindset from “I am not smart enough for the job”, just flip it on its head to read “I am smart enough for the job”. You can use this positive statement as your affirmation or mantra. Believe it or not, this is considered to have a positive impact in changing the mindset in the shortest time possible.
You can also write your own affirmations based on your goals, aspirations, or something you are lacking. Just pay attention to these points while framing the affirmations.
- Short and easy to remember
- Pertinent and relevant
- Positive statement
- Framed in the present tense
- Personal statements (using I or my)
- Avoid words like want, need, or will
- Include emotive words
- Add some gratitude
Even the best-framed affirmations will work for you only when you believe in them wholeheartedly. Whether you are saying them aloud or writing them down in a journal, repeating them like an automaton without investing your emotions or involving your mind in them, will not create a positive impact or get you the desired results.
Still another choice for you is to take a standard affirmation and tweak it to suit your purpose.
Download Free Printable Affirmation Cards PDF
How often should you repeat affirmations?
You can create a pool of powerful daily affirmations from which you can pick one a day. Daily male affirmations can be repeated throughout the day whenever and wherever possible. Riding an elevator, driving to work, doing chores, or during breaks – any time is ideal for repeating daily affirmations.
You can also use specific affirmations to achieve a goal. These goal-specific affirmations are best repeated or written in a journal early in the morning or just before bedtime. If you don’t have the time to spare, you can devote some time to this activity during the weekends. As the goal changes, you also need to revise the affirmations.
There is no minimum or maximum limit to the number of times affirmations can be or need to be repeated. Ensure your total involvement and unwavering belief in them while repeating affirmations. Repeat them as many times as you feel is right and will offer you the level of satisfaction you are seeking.
In case, your schedule is so busy that there is no time to spare for this activity even during weekends, you can try including them in a vision board and place it where you will chance upon it frequently. Refrigerators and mirrors are the perfect locations for a vision board. The electronic version of the vision board is also highly effective. You can add them as screensavers to your phone or laptop.
80 positive affirmations for men
The men’s affirmations are divided into groups here to relate to diverse areas of life.
Self-esteem and confidence
- I am confident about my skills and abilities.
- I am good at heart.
- I help others generously.
- I like who I am.
- I am loved and appreciated by my family and friends.
- I am important to a lot of people.
- I am making a difference in the lives of many people.
- I truly recognize and acknowledge my value and merit.
- I am unique and offer exceptional skills.
- I have immense respect for myself and my talents.
- My feelings and concerns are significant.
- I have the strength and competence to achieve my goals.
Resilience and fortitude
- I am capable of overcoming any challenge.
- I am mentally strong and stable.
- I believe in myself; so nothing is beyond me.
- I view challenges as opportunities.
- I take on challenges with confidence and passion.
- No matter how things turn out, I will still end up on top.
- I have the strength of character to succeed in everything I do.
- I am strong and resilient.
- I bounce back from setbacks with more strength.
- I treat misfortunes and complications as learning experiences and growth opportunities.
- I never shy from asking for help whenever I need it.
- I acknowledge that it is futile to try to change others. Instead, I can alter my response.
Happiness and positivity
- I bring joy to people in my life.
- I can see only goodness in the people I meet.
- I am happy and content in the present moment.
- I acknowledge that happiness is a choice. I choose happiness now.
- I find pleasure and enjoyment in helping others.
- I have the power to transform negativity into a positive mindset.
- I am capable of seeing positives in anything and anyone.
- I am the master of my mind. I decide what I feel and think.
- I nourish my body and mind with healthy food and good thoughts.
- I like where I am.
- I am grateful for the blessings in my life.
- I am loved and valued by my family.
Career and success
- I deserve to be prosperous and successful.
- I can succeed in anything I attempt.
- I love my job and am good at it.
- I am always the one in the team to come up with great solutions and amazing ideas.
- I am persistent and resourceful. I don’t give up easily.
- No one can excel me at my job.
- I have total faith in my dreams and my capability to realize them.
- I get along well with my boss and colleagues.
- I am well-appreciated at work.
- My contribution is well-recognized in the team.
- My ideas and thoughts are valued and respected by my colleagues.
- I am an invaluable asset to my team.
Love and relationships
- I bring out the best in others.
- I am good company and fun to hang around with.
- I am generous and nurturing in my relationships.
- I am a good listener and this makes me a good sounding board.
- I am worthy of offering and receiving love.
- I am a considerate and loving partner.
- I treat everyone with love and respect.
- I have a charismatic personality.
- I deserve to be in a fulfilling relationship.
- I am capable of expressing myself succinctly.
- I strive to be a good role model for others.
- I am ready to learn and grow as a husband and father.
Goals and ambitions
- My dreams and goals are meaningful and reasonable.
- I am clear about what I want and work assiduously towards it.
- I can do anything I want to.
- I have what it takes to achieve my goals.
- I have the courage and strength of mind to find success.
- I am not afraid of walking alone and finding my way.
- I can handle setbacks without losing my heart.
- I create my own opportunities.
- I depend on my insight to lead me on the right path.
- I am ready and have the courage to reach my goals.
Feelings and emotions
- I act with courage and confidence.
- I express my feelings and thoughts without restraint.
- I let go of the need to be strong all the time.
- I deserve to be loved and valued.
- I am proud of who I am.
- I am committed to becoming a better version of myself.
- I enter a room with confidence and self-assurance.
- I release myself from stress and anxiety.
- I am entitled to my feelings and thoughts.
- I have mastered my emotions by controlling my thoughts.
Somewhere a misunderstanding exists that affirmations are not masculine enough and not suitable for men. Nothing can be further from the truth.
Affirmations help us understand ourselves better and allow us to overcome our weaknesses to become better human beings. This is as much true for men as it is for women.
Do remember to place your trust in them unconditionally to reap rich dividends.