Have you ever wondered why you find some people warm, kind, and sincere? And, others not so much.
When you come across people with positive, friendly, and emotionally stable traits, it is natural that you feel comfortable and at ease in their company. These are people who know how to embrace the world and enjoy life to the fullest.
Have you ever looked inward and tried to understand how others perceive you? What did you see? Do you think you are as positive and compassionate as these people? Do you think you can make others comfortable and put them at ease?
If the answer is yes, great. Keep up the good work. The world needs more people like you.
If not, don’t worry. You too can get there if you really want to.
Understanding how the chakra system in your body works can help you be that person you want to be. You may find it reassuring that there are many tools and techniques available to help you transform yourself.
This article delves deep into the role played by sacral chakra in becoming the loved-by-all person you would like to be. Here you will find the multiple benefits of taking good care of your sacral chakra.
Read on to learn how you can use affirmations to improve the health of your sacral chakra. You can make full use of the sacral chakra affirmations for healing listed here to remove blockages and regain balance in the chakra.
Basic facts about the Sacral Chakra
- Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana Chakra)
- Position: Lower abdomen, pelvis region
- Associated with: Creativity, emotions, sexuality, and sensuality
- When balanced: Joyous, passionate, and friendly
- When imbalanced: Emotional instability, lack of creativity, low self-esteem, eating disorders, addictions, lack of sex drive, and bladder problems
- Color: Orange
- Mantra: Vam
- Symbol: 6 petaled lotus
- Element: Water
- Yoga Poses: Goddess Pose, Pigeon Pose, Reverse Warrior
- Crystals: Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Tiger Eye, Citrine
- Essential Oils: Orange, Ylang Yang, Sandalwood
More about the sacral chakra
Located in the lower abdominal area below the navel extending up to the pelvic region, the sacral chakra is the second of the seven chakras of the body’s chakra energy system. Known as Svadhisthana Chakra in Sanskrit, it translates to “the dwelling place of self”.
The sacral chakra is associated with a host of characteristics and emotions connected to the “self” and interactions with the people around you. Such as pleasure, emotions, intimacy, and connection.
The sacral chakra is considered the window to the world or the place where your “self” meets the world. All the attributes and emotions to assist you in socializing lie in this chakra.
The sacral chakra is also the seat of sensuality, sexuality, creation, and passion. The presence of reproductive organs in the chakra makes it the influencing factor in the areas of pleasure and passion besides procreation.
The sacral chakra is the driving force for your zeal for life. It helps you feel, experience, and enjoy life to its fullest. It is with the help of the sacral chakra that you discover your passion and manifest goals in life.
The sense of identity that you discover with your root chakra is shared with the world using the sacral chakra. It is the seat of relationships and social interactions.
How does the sacral chakra get blocked?
As in the case of all chakras, stress, anxiety, and depression are the most common reasons for blockages in the sacral chakra. Abuse, neglect, rejection, or emotional manipulation can lead to sacral chakra blockage. The chakras get blocked when negative energy enters them.
Chakras, being whirlpools of energy, continuously attract energies in the vicinity and distribute them within the body. When you come in close contact with negative energy, it naturally gets absorbed into your chakra system.
As all chakras are interlinked and energy flows unhindered within the chakra system, the blockage in one can lead to the same in others as well. Being spinning vortexes of energy, the presence of negative energy can slow the chakras down or in worst cases, bring them to a standstill.
The blockages in the chakras create an imbalance of energies within the chakra as well as the body. This leads to a disruption in the energy flow and can adversely affect your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
This can have far-reaching consequences on your health and relationships.
What are the signs of blockage in the sacral chakra?
Blockage in energy flow in the sacral chakra can result in under activity or overstimulation of the chakra.
The signs of an underactive sacral chakra are confusion or inability to cope with life changes. Other symptoms include:
- Emotional detachment
- Lack of desire
- Dread of pleasure or enjoyment
- Lack of creativity
- Not true or authentic
An overactive sacral chakra is equally or more harmful. The obvious signs are too much drama in life and unhealthy and short-lived relationships. Some more symptoms include:
- Exaggerated emotions or blowing things out of proportion
- Too much emotional attachment
- Excessive drama
- Tension and anxiety
- Excessive fantasizing
- Lack of gratification
- Insatiable desires
Why do you need to keep the sacral chakra open and balanced?
Sacral chakra healing is required to turn things around and make living more fulfilling and enjoyable. The extremes in behavior such as total detachment and excessive attachment need to be corrected and aligned to a middle path so that life is more pleasant and rewarding.
An out-of-balance sacral chakra can create fissures in your relationship with others as well as yourself. When you are disconnected from yourself and the world, you are bound to lose interest in living itself. Thus, a blocked sacral chakra strikes at the very core of your being.
When you unblock the sacral chakra and forcefully expel the negativity that has been troubling it, your life will regain its ability to enjoy life, connect with others, and take charge of your emotional and mental balance.
How to get rid of the sacral chakra imbalance?
When your sacral chakra is out of balance, you need to proactively restore its balance by choosing one or more of the tools available to you. However, you cannot sit back and relax after this.
Being in constant fluctuation, chakras do tend to fall out of alignment now and then. This means to keep them in good health, you need to adopt daily practices of chakra balancing.
Some of the most common and effective techniques for chakra realignment are:
- Chakra meditation
- Chakra-specific yoga poses
- Chakra affirmations
- Connecting with the chakra-specific element (in this case, water)
- Use of the chakra-specific color (here, it is orange)
- Crystal therapy
- Aromatherapy with essential oils
Each chakra comes with a special mantra, color, crystals, essential oil, and yoga poses to boost its health and functionality. If you manage to identify the imbalance in a specific chakra, all you need to do is to take help from these tools to bring it back into alignment.
Affirmations to help balance the sacral chakra
Affirmations are positive statements that can help heal the negativity trapped inside the chakras. Employing affirmations related to each chakra can get rid of the negative energy in it and bring back its balance.
How can affirmations help?
Sacral chakra affirmations are particularly targeted at improving emotional health, healing the scars of chakra blockage, and revitalizing the energy centers for joy, passion, creativity, and sensuality.
Repetitive use of these positive statements every day can help regain your positive outlook, confidence, and self-belief. Armed with these, you will be able to find the courage and initiative to practice more techniques to retrieve balance in the sacral chakra and maintain it in good health.
How to use affirmations to regain balance in the sacral chakra?
Positive affirmations are the easiest to adopt and use for realigning the sacral chakra. Being the least intrusive and necessitating the least effort, all that affirmations demand from you is your trust in its efficacy and getting you the desired results.
Affirmations will offer you the best result when your mind is calm, focused, and receptive to suggestions. When your mind is filled with worries or when you are stressed, they may not work the same way.
This makes early mornings the perfect time to practice affirmations. The time just before you fall asleep is considered the next best choice. You need to set aside enough time for the activity and ensure that you are undisturbed. Setting the atmosphere with scented candles, soothing music, and subdued lighting does help.
You may say the affirmations aloud or in your mind. Or you can write them down in a journal meant for the purpose. Whichever way you choose to affirm, do remember to believe in it and absorb the meaning.
100 powerful sacral chakra affirmations
- I am living an enjoyable life.
- I am thankful for just being me.
- I am in control of my emotions and allow them the freedom of expression.
- I accept and rejoice in my sexuality.
- My sexuality is pure and sacred.
- I honor my body and treat it with respect.
- I sense peace and serenity in my inner self.
- I am letting my creativity flow and express itself freely.
- I deserve to enjoy the pleasures of life.
- I deserve to have all my needs met.
- I am bright, beautiful, happy, and creative.
- I enjoy living a vibrant and passionate life.
- I always attract similar-minded people who love me for who I am.
- I open my mind to allow the flow of creativity.
- I am passionate, creative, and motivated.
- I feel happy, energetic, and lively.
- I am the embodiment of untainted positive energy.
- My emotions are healthy and balanced.
- I am allowing positive energy to flow unrestrained through me.
- My energy is vibrating in a pure positive frequency.
- I reverberate absolute joy, passion, and excitement.
- I am the epitome of abundance and prosperity.
- Infinite abundance exists within me.
- I am creating a wonderful life free from fear, stress, and anxiety.
- I deserve to enjoy the pure, perfect, and absolute joy.
- Absolute joy and unlimited love are my birthrights.
- I always find time to enjoy the pleasures of life.
- Enjoying life is not a choice but a basic and essential need.
- It is alright for me to include fun, pleasure, and happiness in daily life.
- I am always exploring new avenues to display my creativity.
- I have access to a boundless source of creativity, motivation, and discovery.
- I embody and radiate love, passion, and abundance.
- I welcome and embrace life with enthusiasm and vitality.
- I genuinely appreciate and value my divine body.
- I treat my body as a masterpiece of higher power and a work of art.
- I respect and value my sacred sensuality.
- I am proud of my passionate and sensual nature.
- I am open to forming intimate relationships with others.
- I honor my dreams and desires and work untiringly towards achieving them.
- I pay attention to the needs of my body and try to meet them to the best of my ability.
- I feel comfortable in my body and enjoy using it for my pleasure.
- I am worthy of respect and deserve to be desired.
- I deserve respect from others as well as myself.
- I am open, fair, and trustworthy.
- I am kind, compassionate, and forgiving.
- I am flexible and resilient and always ready to accept change.
- I am aware of my worth and am not willing to settle for anything less.
- My entire being is in perfect bliss and harmony.
- I am truly thankful for the beautiful and powerful body.
- I feel grateful to have a strong body that sustains and empowers me.
- I am happy and grateful to be me.
- I embrace and celebrate my beautiful body wholeheartedly.
- I celebrate my innate sexuality.
- I open the doors for the passion and creativity to flow through me unhindered.
- I am a magnet for people who treat me respectfully.
- I am open to deriving pleasure from different walks of life.
- My emotions are stable, free-flowing, and balanced.
- I am a creative person.
- Comfort, pleasure, and gratification are my birthrights.
- I respect and value the divine body that is home to my soul.
- I welcome sensuality into my life with open arms.
- I embrace and appreciate my active and exciting sexuality.
- Creativity brings me unlimited joy and nourishes my soul.
- I am a lovely, delightful, and charming person.
- I feel comfortable and at home in my body.
- I treat my perfect body with the utmost care and respect it deserves.
- Sex is sacred as it embodies love, healing, and harmony.
- Every breath brings me happiness, pleasure, and abundance.
- I consciously surrender and release negative feelings.
- I willingly let go of past traumas as I know that they no longer serve my purpose.
- I freely choose to enjoy life and feel the joy and excitement that it brings.
- I am natural, relaxed, and spontaneous.
- I allow my instinct and internal radar to guide me on the right path.
- I inhale positivity and exhale negativity.
- I have limitless power to create what I desire.
- I appreciate my divine body and treat myself with respect.
- Pleasure and sexuality are sacred and I make them a part of my life.
- I feel safe and secure to accept and embrace my sensuality and sexuality.
- I am open to loving and enjoying my body.
- I feel comfortable and am open to closeness and intimacy.
- I am attractive, bright, and beautiful.
- I am comfortable being in my own shoes.
- I have absolute freedom to say no without losing love and respect.
- I can relax and slow down my life in a physical and emotional sense.
- Joy and gratitude are emotions I choose to experience often.
- I allow the free flow of love and sensuality in my life.
- I am open about my passions and the things that offer me pleasure.
- I can reveal and share my happiness with the world.
- I have reached emotional self-sufficiency.
- I allow myself to grow emotionally on the right path.
- I have filled my life with pleasure and excitement.
- Pure healing light passes through me, cleansing my body of the negativity.
- I sense my body overflowing with orange light healing my sacral chakra.
- I deserve happy and positive experiences in my life.
- I deserve a prosperous and abundant life.
- My life is brimming with happiness and excitement.
- I deserve all the best things in life.
- I am absolutely capable of loving and understanding others.
- I am fully capable of caring for others as well as myself.
- My body is perfect the way it is.
Regular upkeep of chakras is vital to keep them open, balanced, and in good health. By taking the effort, you are ensuring a well-aligned chakra system that provides joy, vitality, growth, and fulfillment in life.
From physical health to emotional and mental well-being and spiritual strength, the sacral chakra plays a major role in your relationship with others, the Universe as well as yourself.
Practicing sacral chakra affirmations daily can keep your sacral chakra in good health and allow you to enjoy life to the fullest.
Resources related to “Chakra Balancing”
- 100 Powerful Crown Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Heart chakra affirmations
- 100 Healing Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Powerful Throat Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Effective Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- How to clear chakras for beginners?
- What Happens When You Open Your Third Eye?
- Sacral Chakra Opening Symptoms