Are you missing the mark with your guesses of late? Do you feel that your hunches are not as sharp as they used to be?
All of us wish for an active sixth sense at some point in our lives. After all, it always helps to know what is going to happen in advance. Or our lives become easier when we can read the minds of others.
Do you know all these and more can be made possible by activating your third eye chakra?
In the chakra energy system, the sixth chakra is the third eye chakra, located in the center of the forehead between the eyes and above the brow. This is believed to be the seat of wisdom, insight, conscience, and higher consciousness.
The chakras need to be kept open, balanced, and in good health, for you to derive their benefits. Meditation, yoga, affirmations, and more can help you achieve this.
This article takes a good look at the topic and offers you a comprehensive tour of the third eye chakra. Here you will also find listed powerful affirmations to heal your third eye chakra.
Basic facts about the third eye chakra
- Third Eye Chakra (Ajna Chakra)
- Position: On the forehead between your eyes
- Associated with: Seat of intuition, wisdom, and insight
- When balanced: Clear vision, active imagination, and ability to communicate with the Universe
- When imbalanced: Anxiety, lack of self-belief, headaches, and nightmares
- Color: Indigo
- Mantra: Sham
- Symbol: Two petaled lotus
- Element: Light
- Yoga Poses: Cat/Cow Pose, Dolphin Pose, Candle Gazing, Child’s Pose
- Crystals: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Blue Quartz, Angelite, Azurite
- Essential Oils: Clary Sage, Juniper, Helichrysum
More about the third eye chakra
The third eye chakra, also known as Ajna chakra in Sanskrit is the sixth among the seven chakras or energy centers in our body. It is believed to be connected to the pineal gland. Chakras or wheels are whirlpools of energy that attract energy in the vicinity and pass it on to other chakras.
Located on the forehead, the third eye chakra is believed to be the window to the spiritual world. Acting as a bridge, this chakra performs the important task of connecting our conscious and subconscious minds.
When the third eye chakra is open and healthy, it is the medium for self-reflection, spiritual contemplation, and clarity of thought. Based on what one sees through the third eye, it is the tool that shapes one’s beliefs, perspectives, and reality.
The third eye is the seat of the most mysterious sixth sense, also known as intuition, USP, or clairvoyance. Being the most astute and discerning part of us, the third eye forms the foundation of our imagination, creativity, visualization, self-awareness, discernment, and common sense.
How does the third eye chakra get blocked?
Chakras are energy vortexes that are constantly drawing in energy from everything in the neighborhood. As they don’t differentiate between positive and negative energies, negativity also gets attracted to them. And, the problem begins when negative energy enters a chakra.
Negative energy tends to stay put inside the chakra and hamper the circulation of energy within the chakra as well as among the chakras. The constant churning action of energy happening within the chakra slows down, making it difficult to attract more positive energy to offset the negativity.
This turn of events will result in the chakra getting blocked and losing its balance. Once it reaches this stage, the chakra will stop performing its regular functions. This can have a devastating effect on your mental, physical, and spiritual realms.
What are the signs of the third eye chakra imbalance?
When your third eye chakra is out of balance, the fallouts are reflected in all domains – physical, mental, and spiritual.
The physical symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Sinus problem
- Tension in the area
- Hearing issues
The mental fallouts are:
- Inability to focus
- Lack of intuitive skill
- Moodiness and mood swings
- Sleep disturbances
- Brain fog
- Disconnect with reality
- Inability to deal with fears
- Incapacity to learn from mistakes
When your third eye chakra is blocked, you would find yourself daydreaming a lot and living in a parallel world of your own imagination. The emotional costs include worrying, overthinking, self-doubt, and feeling lost. Your mind will be closed for positive suggestions and ideas.
The spiritual consequences of a blocked third eye chakra include the feeling of being lost in life’s path, lack of purpose, and being impervious to guidance from the higher power.
Why is it important to maintain the third eye chakra in good health?
As you can see, the blockage or imbalance in the third eye chakra can impair us in so many ways and this is bound to affect the quality of life. To live a happy, healthy, and productive life, it is vital to maintain all your chakras in good order, especially the third eye chakra, as it is the seat of mental focus, wisdom, and your ability to see things in perspective.
By retrieving the balance of the third eye chakra, the things clouding your mind vanish, your mind opens up, your thoughts gain clarity, and you regain your insight and ability to focus. You will need all these skills and more to lead a normal and wholesome life.
How to maintain balance in the third eye chakra?
For all the benefits it entails, the opening up of the third eye chakra is simple and easy to be included in your daily routine. Some of the common techniques employed to maintain good health in the third eye chakra and keep it open and balanced are:
Meditation – This is an excellent technique to dispel and ward off negative energy and usher in positivity. Regular practice of chakra meditation is just what the doctor ordered for good chakra health.
Yoga – Each chakra comes with its own special yoga poses to provide the right kind of focus and support to them. Practicing Fish Pose, Child’s Pose, and Shoulderstand is meant to open up and heal a blocked third eye chakra.
Affirmations – Repeating these positive statements can boost your morale and help you get rid of the negativity trapped in your chakra.
Visualization – Imagine indigo-colored light pouring into your mind and flowing out carrying the negativity with it. This simple practice can bring the desired result.
Inclusion of the Indigo color in everyday life, using crystal and essential oils, and chanting the chakra-specific mantra helps in chakra healing.
Affirmations for the good health of the third eye chakra
Though there are various techniques to open up a blocked third eye chakra and maintain it in good order for your overall well-being, positive affirmations are the easiest to practice and least intrusive.
How can affirmations help?
Affirmations work on the mindset of the practitioner by providing self-belief and confidence. When the negative thoughts and feelings are replaced by positive ones, it would be easy to adopt the right strategies for the third eye chakra healing.
Repeating affirmations can bring about a turnaround in the mindset that you thought inconceivable otherwise. When you have given up hope and resigned to a life of ordinariness, affirmations can get you out of all that and put you back on track to realizing your dreams.
How to use third eye chakra affirmations?
The third eye chakra affirmations are aimed at awakening your subconscious mind. With this, everything that has been out-of-sync such as intuition, focus, clarity of mind, and sense of reality regains its balance.
Regular practice of chakra affirmations can help in keeping them balanced and in good health. In case there is a blockage in the chakra, more intense sessions of affirmations can remove the impediment and clear the chakra of negative energy.
Practicing affirmations is as easy as it can get. You can choose a few affirmations at a time that strikes a chord with you and pertains to the issues you are facing. Say them aloud or in your mind. You may also write them down in a journal. You can listen to them or watch them as a video. You may also make them part of a vision board and display it where you frequent.
The idea is to keep the thought at the top of your mind throughout the day. Whichever method you choose, consistency is paramount.
100 Effective Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- I value and believe in my intuitive abilities.
- I learn valuable lessons from my past experiences.
- I trust the Universe and I am receiving guidance.
- I turn inward and outward when seeking wisdom.
- My mind is clear and at peace.
- I am naturally linked to the Universe and everything in it.
- I am intuitive, intelligent, and connected to my inner self
- I always trust my intuition.
- I consider past mistakes as learning experiences.
- I am intricately bound to the higher power.
- I am guided by the deepest wisdom of the Universe.
- Every experience, good or bad, is an opportunity to learn and grow.
- My life’s purpose is clear and visible to me.
- My actions are in alignment with my life’s purpose.
- I am open to receiving vitality and positive vibes.
- I am ready for new experiences.
- I can view and appreciate the bigger picture.
- I am effortlessly cruising towards my goal.
- I have a powerful and vivid imagination.
- I nurture my spirit and am in sync with its requirements and obligations.
- I am the ultimate truth.
- My life is in alignment with reality.
- I am honest and authentic.
- I believe that my higher good is coming to life.
- I turn to my inner wisdom for guidance.
- The wisdom of my subconscious mind helps me attain the highest good.
- Everything in this Universe is visible to me through my third eye.
- I listen to my inner voice when I am uncertain.
- I think and perceive with clarity.
- My mind is open, pure, and strong.
- My mind is active, wholesome, and resilient.
- I rely on my sixth sense to make good choices.
- My inner self is always sure of the path ahead.
- My subconscious is mindful of past experiences and is aware of the truth.
- My inner awareness knows more than what I am aware of now.
- I release all impediments that hamper my inner guidance system.
- My mind is clear of all obstructions and is open to new opportunities.
- My mind is always open and pure and I am always in pursuit of the truth.
- I always choose to be authentic and truthful in all situations.
- I choose to follow my psychic abilities with an open mind.
- I trust the Universe and know that it will never burden me with more than I can handle.
- Everything I pursue in life, I can find within myself.
- I am intuitive and insightful.
- I am sensible, intelligent, and perspective.
- I have a bright, sharp, and imaginative mind.
- My imagination is extensive and unlimited.
- My boundless imagination is a source of amazement and inspiration.
- I welcome and embrace original and creative thinking.
- My dreams are not defined or restricted by the physical realities.
- I let go of doubt and insecurity and embrace hope and faith.
- I am in perfect alignment with my authentic higher self.
- I am aligned with my dreams and goals.
- I am open and adaptable to change and new possibilities.
- I embrace change as I know that it serves my higher good.
- I truly believe that the changes happen for the higher good.
- I accept the changes happening in my life and embrace the new me.
- I am fully aware of the signs of the Universe evident in my daily life.
- I respect my inner knowledge and trust my subconscious to know what is best for me.
- I have unrestricted access to my inner guidance system.
- The wisdom of my inner self is profound and limitless.
- I have clarity of vision to see the path ahead.
- I have faith and conviction in my vision to travel the path with confidence.
- I trust my subconscious to take the path it shows, even when others are skeptical.
- I trust my inner self and magic happens every time.
- My intuition always guides me in the right direction and never disappoints.
- My insight guides me to take inspired action with trust and belief.
- The steps ahead are clear to me as I am guided by my inner self.
- The answers I seek are hidden within me.
- I embrace and surrender to the higher good for the benefit of everyone.
- I unconditionally surrender to the Universe and willingly allow it to guide me.
- I can see everything happening in my life with clarity.
- I am open to embracing wisdom from my inner self.
- I always manage to manifest whatever I set my heart upon.
- I completely trust and follow what my heart says.
- I know that I am on the right path to realize my life’s purpose.
- I have direct access to the wisdom of the Universe.
- I am the eternal source of my truth and my love.
- I take the help of my inner guidance system to access profound wisdom.
- I let go of the traumas of the past and forgive everyone involved.
- I accept and embrace my psychic abilities without doubt or delusion.
- I am wise, intuitive, and perceptive.
- The Universe is my guiding light.
- I live in the moment.
- I believe that the challenges the Universe places before me are opportunities to grow.
- I take full responsibility for my words and actions and the reality I created.
- I recognize the light that shines within every soul.
- I accept the path chosen for me by the Universe without reservations or doubt.
- My awareness is always developing and expanding.
- My mind is open and expansive enough to see the viewpoints of others.
- I let go of all illusions and embrace the unvarnished truth.
- I believe that my life is going exactly where it should.
- I consciously create my realities.
- My life is brimming with possibilities and opportunities.
- I am positive that all is well in my life.
- I have no trouble hearing the voice of my spirit.
- I feel safe and secure to follow the path chosen for me.
- I recognize the truth within my soul and connect with it.
- I keep my mind open for inspiration and motivation.
- I forgive the past and myself for the past transgressions.
- I accept and love myself unconditionally.
If you are entertaining doubts about whether you should follow the good practices to keep chakras healthy, look no further. Only if you take proper care of yourself, will you be free of the ill effects of poor health. Diminished focus, impaired judgment, lack of insight, and disconnect with reality is no laughing matter.
Do remember not to think of affirmations as a magic wand that can bring back good health overnight. Patience, perseverance, and determination can help you recover your health in time.
Again, how long it will take for the affirmations to get you the desired results depends on how down-and-out your condition is and how sincere you are at following the healing process. Early intervention and belief in the process hold the keys to speedy healing.
Resources related to “Chakra Balancing”