Are you facing issues with speaking your mind? Do you often find yourself at a loss for words or pausing too long to gather your thoughts or stammering?
Has communication become a demanding task of late, especially for revealing your thoughts and feelings and speaking your truth? You feel as if the words are getting stuck in your throat – a feeling similar to something physically getting lodged.
Sore throat, jaw pain, mouth ulcers, dental issues, thyroid problems, stiffness in the neck, … the list of ailments in the region are endless. The issues become grave if you depend on your voice and speech in a professional capacity, such as an actor, singer, counselor, teacher, or a people’s representative.
Do you know that the throat is hugely impacted by your mental state, your stress levels, and how you deal with it? Of course, how you care for it and what you eat counts.
In the chakra system of energy distribution within the human body, this malady is attributed to the blockage or imbalance of the throat chakra.
There is no need to despair. Opening up the throat chakra and maintaining it in prime health is not as arduous as you would assume.
This article delves into the various aspects of the throat chakra imbalance, specifically how to use throat chakra affirmations to heal your throat chakra.
Basic facts about the throat chakra
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddha Chakra)
- Position: Throat near the thyroid
- Associated with: Self-expression, truth, communication, and creativity
- When balanced: Ability to express and share truthfully
- When imbalanced: Suppressed feelings, nervousness, sore throat, irritated sinuses, and thyroid problems
- Color: Blue
- Mantra: Ham
- Symbol: Four petaled lotus
- Element: Ether
- Yoga Poses: Fish Pose, Supported Shoulderstand, Bridge Pose
- Crystals: Lapis Lazuli, Blue Lace Agate, Aquamarine, Blue Calcite
- Essential Oils: Chamomile, Peppermint, Spearmint
More about the throat chakra
The fifth chakra, the throat chakra lies at the base of the throat, near the thyroid, and at the center of the larynx. Known in Sanskrit as Vishuddha chakra, it is the seat of communication, self-expression, and inspiration.
The word “vishuddha” means purification from harmful or toxic substances. That is exactly what the throat chakra does when it is open, balanced, and in good health. The chakra detoxifies the body and mind and restores energy. The contribution of a healthy throat chakra is immense for maintaining good health.
The throat chakra plays a major role in the development of skills like communication, self-expression, and creativity. This means an imbalance in the chakra can create hurdles in these areas.
What leads to the imbalance in the throat chakra?
Like all chakras, the throat chakra also is affected by mental turmoil. Stress, anxiety, and depression can attract negative energy into the chakra and this can bring down its vibrational frequency drastically. Chakras, being whirlpools of energy, slow down or grind to a halt with the entry of negative energy.
The contributing negative energy can come from the food you eat or even from the air you breathe. An unhealthy diet and polluted air are major contributing factors leading to blockage in the throat chakra.
What are the signs of throat chakra blockage?
A blockage in the throat chakra shows up in the physical, mental as well as spiritual realms. The physical impact of a blocked throat chakra is visible in the throat, neck, shoulders, head, and mouth. It plays havoc on your immune system.
Some of the common physical symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Mouth ulcers
- Dental complications
- Chronic headaches
- Thyroid problems
- Neck pain
- TMJ or Temporomandibular disorders of the jaw
These initial symptoms if left unattended or untreated can lead to more health complications and physical distress.
The mental or emotional symptoms of a blocked throat chakra are also easily discernible. Again, recognizing the symptoms, correct diagnosis, and timely intervention can prevent further aggravation of the issues.
Some of the common psychological symptoms are:
- Social anxiety
- Detachment or aloofness
- Stubbornness or inflexibility
- Fear of speaking
- Inability to express oneself
- Inability to speak your truth
- Inconsistency in talk and action
If left untreated or ignored, these initial symptoms can turn into much graver complications like depression, arrogance, deception, manipulation, bullying, and dominating behavior.
Why should you maintain balance in the throat chakra?
Most of our social skills depend on our ability to communicate, express our thoughts, and speak with honesty. Our ability and desire to listen to what others have to say also matter. The same rule applies to our internal conversations as well. Our self-conversations or self-talk plays a major role in shaping our beliefs, feelings, and thoughts.
When the throat chakra gets blocked, none of the above activities happen in the way they should. They will be distorted, damaged, distressed, and troubled. The longer this is allowed to continue, the worse the situation will get to be.
The throat chakra imbalance can lead to its under usage or overactivity. An underactive throat chakra leads to impairment in speech, ineptitude to choose the right word, inability to be honest, or even difficulty in speaking up so that you are heard.
An overactive throat chakra is worse and may place you in socially disadvantageous situations. You will display a tendency to interrupt others constantly, view others critically, speak ill of others, gossip, and even malign the reputation of others. If left unattended, all these can lead to your social ostracism.
The fallouts of a blocked throat chakra are so damaging physically and psychologically that it demands your immediate attention.
How to unblock the throat chakra?
Now that you understand the importance of a healthy and balanced throat chakra, let us look at ways to maintain it in good health with regular upkeep. Despite this, you may face instances when your throat chakra gets blocked. This is nothing to worry about as long as you attend to the problem immediately.
The imbalance in the throat chakra can severely damage your physical health and social life. However, chakra healing or keeping it in good health is not as arduous as you think. For the positive returns, the effort is more than worth it.
Chakra meditation – A special kind of meditation that asks you to focus on each chakra.
Yoga – There are specific yoga poses for each chakra or asanas prescribed for the opening up or unblocking of each chakra.
Affirmations – These innocuous positive statements can act like magic in transforming the way you think and view yourself and the rest of the world.
Journaling – At times when you find yourself stuck with words while speaking, you can pour your heart out into a journal. Once the emotions start flowing and unclog the chakra, you will be able to speak normally.
Massage – Stress and anxiety can tighten the muscles in the area and keep them taut and stiff that you find it difficult to relax. A good massage can work wonders in alleviating this condition and get you back to normal in no time.
Breathing exercises – These are simple deep breathing techniques to help open up the throat chakra.
The color blue – Including the color of the throat chakra in your everyday life can supplement your other efforts in keeping the chakra in good health.
Crystals – Wearing or keeping the crystals prescribed for the health of the throat chakra can help.
Aromatherapy – Including prescribed essential oils in your daily routine can help in keeping the throat chakra open and in good health.
It is desirable that you consciously slow down your pace of life and find ways to unwind. Opening up your heart to someone you trust can also help in regaining the throat chakra balance.
Related: How to Unblock Throat Chakra?
Affirmations for a healthy throat chakra
Affirmations are positive statements to help boost your morale. Since you are psychologically impacted by a throat chakra blockage, the first step would be to repair the harm it has caused to you emotionally. Affirmations can help heal your throat chakra.
How can affirmations help?
Repeating positive affirmations can get you out of the vicious cycle of depression and negative energy. They work behind the scenes to shift your mindset from negative to positive. Armed with an optimistic approach, there is nothing you cannot achieve.
Realigning your approach to positive, you will be more ready and willing to try other techniques to repair the harmful effects of a blocked throat chakra.
How to use affirmations for chakra healing?
Affirmations work the best when your mind is calm and receptive to suggestions. Typically, during the day, you are the calmest when you get up in the morning and just before you fall asleep. The rest of the time, your mind will be preoccupied with a procession of thoughts parading in the mind one after the other.
Of the two, mornings are always the better choice. After a full night’s rest and before the onslaught of what the day brings, your mind will be more ready to accept suggestions. So, filling your mind with positive thoughts is more impactful early in the day than at any other time.
Setting aside 10-15 minutes for the activity is essential. You need to be undisturbed and uninterrupted during this exercise. You may repeat the affirmations aloud or in mind. You may also write them down.
100 powerful throat chakra affirmations
- I am honest.
- I am the truth.
- I speak the truth.
- I listen to the truth.
- I trust others.
- I speak with honesty, I live an honest life, I am honest.
- I express myself with clear intent.
- My voice and opinions are important.
- My voice is heard loud and clear.
- What I have to say is significant and valuable
- I express my thoughts with clarity.
- I love to share my thoughts with others. And I know when to listen to others.
- I pay attention to my mind and body to understand my truth.
- I am grateful to others who allow me to express myself truthfully.
- I reveal my honor and love when I speak.
- My creative abilities are flowing unhindered.
- Honesty will deliver me from my present predicament.
- I speak my truth without fear or doubt.
- I am solely responsible for the task of expressing myself with honesty.
- My honest approach brings me what I deserve.
- I communicate with ease and confidence.
- I feel comfortable being honest and speaking my mind.
- I am good at listening as well as speaking.
- I know that it is important to listen to what others have to say.
- I am an active and enthusiastic listener.
- I know how to set clear boundaries.
- I express my true feelings in an unambiguous way.
- I do not fear to speak my mind.
- My intentions are always noble and clear.
- My voice is powerful, clear, and loud enough for others to hear.
- I refuse to engage in gossip and slander.
- I don’t engage in destructive or unconstructive criticism.
- I am grounded in truth and reality.
- I am aware of my thoughts and true feelings.
- I get in touch with my higher self for support and guidance.
- I am open to guidance from the Universe.
- I am an honest and peaceful person.
- I am brimming with creative thoughts.
- I know how to listen without interrupting others.
- I have confidence in myself.
- My mind is sharp and focused.
- I attempt and do everything with dedication and conviction.
- I walk the talk.
- My speech and actions do not contradict each other.
- I live an authentic life.
- What I have to say matters.
- I lead an honest and earnest life.
- I can speak my truth with calm and equanimity.
- My words are important and powerful.
- I speak with clarity and honesty.
- I speak with love, courage, and compassion.
- I am an excellent and effective speaker.
- I discover creative ways for self-expression.
- Others listen to what I say.
- My inputs add value to conversations.
- My opinions and insights are always appreciated.
- People always welcome and value my viewpoints.
- I feel empowered to speak honestly.
- I embrace silence to access my inner self.
- I offer others my undivided attention when they want to say something.
- I listen and value what others say,
- I stick to my truth when I communicate.
- I stay true to myself in my speech and actions.
- I prefer reliability and trustworthiness over excellence and perfection.
- I have the courage and conviction to reveal my true self.
- I feel safe sharing my thoughts and beliefs with others.
- I have the courage to throw away the mask of dishonesty and deception.
- I feel courageous to reveal my true feelings.
- I liberate myself from the obligation to be perfect.
- I consider my imperfections beautiful and truthful.
- I choose to be honest even if it places me in a vulnerable position.
- I feel safe to speak freely and truthfully.
- My words come from a place of love and truth.
- I lead the way for others to follow with my honesty.
- I feel calm and serene.
- I am proud of my ability to stay calm in all situations.
- I choose to be gentle and patient with others.
- My guiding principles in life are integrity, honesty, and genuineness.
- I always stay true to my core beliefs.
- When I speak, I share my wisdom and experience with honesty.
- The whole world is listening to what I say intently.
- I speak for myself with courage.
- I do not hide or back away from the truth.
- I express my gratitude to lead an honest life.
- I feel safe and secure to reveal and declare my needs.
- I am truthful about who I am.
- I am filled with the power of courage and truth.
- I feel safe and confident to say no.
- I love to use my voice to speak my truth.
- I choose my words with care to avoid miscommunication.
- I accept and respect my feelings.
- I pause and think before offering my suggestions.
- I am a bold and expressive person.
- I will speak up whenever I feel the need to.
- I am a positive influence on others.
- I always communicate clearly and openly.
- I am proud of my integrity and reality.
- My thoughts are always positive and motivating.
- My ability to focus is improving constantly.
- I can express myself without confusion or ambiguity.
The throat chakra relates to our ability to communicate, speak honestly, and express ourselves. Affirmations offer the best solution to open up a throat chakra clogged with negative energy and bogged down with a negative mindset.
Easy and simple to practice, affirmations may not be as impressive as meditation or yoga. But those who have tried it swear by it. A point to note here is this has to be done with conviction. You need to believe that repeating affirmations can bring relief to your blocked throat chakra.
After all, what is there to lose? Try it and see for yourself.
Resources related to “Chakra Balancing”
- 100 Powerful Crown Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Heart chakra affirmations
- 100 Healing Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Effective Third Eye Chakra Affirmations
- 100 Powerful Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- How to clear chakras for beginners?
- What Happens When You Open Your Third Eye?
- 11 Throat Chakra Opening Symptoms