Alpha Male – the real man in the black and white classification of masculinity.
They occupy the upper echelons in the social hierarchy. They have more access to money and power and so naturally the opposite sex as well. They do not hesitate to display their physical prowess or intimidate or dominate the less fortunate.
They are natural leaders and typically the most vociferous, boisterous, and prominent in any group. The myth about the alpha male is so hyped that every man wants to be an alpha male whether he qualifies for it or not.
In a straight singles scene, a true alpha male is what every woman aspires to be with. But the question we are tackling here is what kind of woman an alpha male desires.
This article is an attempt at understanding the psychology of an alpha male archetype and his partner preferences. You will also find here listed the signs that an alpha male is interested in you and how to keep his attention.
Alpha male relationship psychology
An alpha male is a confident, competent, and successful man who knows what he wants and is not bashful about it. He is bold, fearless, and self-sufficient and goes after what he wants with all the assurance in the world.
However, the stereotypes of alpha males that have been drilled into our psyche through movies, TV, magazines, and dating sites are a far cry from the real ones. Let’s unravel the characteristics of a true blue alpha male.
- His confidence is unwavering and rock solid.
- He is ambitious and highly motivated.
- He feels at home chasing goals and overcoming challenges.
- He is considerate, chivalrous, and protective.
- He doesn’t seek approval or validation from you.
- He is brave and fearless.
- He doesn’t expect handouts.
- He works hard to earn respect.
- He takes the rough and tumble of life in his stride without complaints.
- He makes his partner feel loved, cherished, and decidedly feminine.
- He is decisive and assertive but tactful and sensitive.
- He is always full of practical suggestions to tackle new problems.
On the relationship front, an alpha male gets the pick of mates. So, you can expect some competition for alpha males in relationships. An alpha male is attractive, charming, and will bowl you over with attention. As he doesn’t believe in doing anything halfway, he will pursue you with a passion you have never seen before.
There are disadvantages to dating an alpha male. His dominating nature can come across as intimidating and threatening. His unnatural ability to control his emotions may appear cold and distant.
11 traits in women an alpha male is attracted to
So, you are sure you want to date this alpha male you met recently. Here is what you can do to get his attention.
- Let him see your confident and assertive personality.
- Your intelligence is a definite attraction for him. So, don’t hide it.
- Reveal your passionate side. Talk about your goals and plans for the future.
- Ensure that he is aware that you are a trusting, self-assured, secure person.
- Bring out your sense of humor in measured doses.
- Show him that you are loyal.
- Let him know that you are fun and spontaneous and know how to enjoy life to the fullest.
- Don’t forget to show him your feminine side, your caring, patient, and nurturing nature.
- Make sure that he is aware that you have a firm handle on your emotions.
- Take necessary steps to highlight your communication skills.
- Show him in no uncertain terms that you are an alpha woman.
11 signs an alpha male likes you
As an alpha male never tries to hide their likes and dislikes, it is much easier to know whether he is into you or not. You can tell if an alpha male is into you by looking for these alpha male attraction signs.
- He demonstrates his hero instinct by making sure that you are okay.
- He displays his chivalrous side by opening the door, holding the chair, or walking you to the car.
- He will carry things for you.
- He protects you from real and imaginary dangers and assaults.
- He enjoys your admiration and hero-worshiping him.
- He flirts openly and shamelessly with you.
- He openly tells the world that you are his through gestures.
- He includes you in his plans.
- He confides in you his shortcomings and weaknesses.
- He is not kind to people who have hurt you.
- He is clearly jealous of your past boyfriends.
Most of those signs are Hero Instinct Phrases. Hero Instinct Phrases are a man’s way of showing you that he has the Hero Instinct. The Hero Instinct is an evolutionary trigger that causes men to feel the need to provide for and protect women.
As he garners too much attention from the opposite sex, he may have more than one fish to fry, as the saying goes. This means even if he is being attentive and showing interest, you may not be the only one.
Related: Signs He Wants You to Chase Him
How to keep an alpha male interested?
You need to be an alpha female to attract an alpha male. You need to be intelligent, confident, and successful in your own right.
Getting an alpha male to show interest in you is not easy. If you are the soft, timid, shy, and nervous type, it may not be up your alley. If you manage to get his attention, retaining it is again not for the faint-hearted. It is not easy to date an alpha male. And, even if you are attracted to him, he may not be the right one for you.
In case you are convinced that he is the One, go right ahead and tie him up well and good. Here are some suggestions to engage his interest.
- Project your femininity more in your dress sense and behavior.
- Take good care of your looks.
- Always take care to dress well.
- Pay attention to manners and etiquette.
- Don’t hesitate to show your vulnerable side.
- Curb your jealous instincts.
- Don’t give in to his charms right away. Play hard to get.
- Live your life and pursue your goals and passions.
If you are serious about taking the relationship forward, show him that you are good wife material.
An alpha male is used to being relentlessly pursued all his life. So, to stand out in the crowd, you need to learn the art of getting him interested in you without chasing him. Playing a bit hard to get may help your case but take care not to overdo this.
Whatever you do or avoid, make sure that you don’t deviate too much from who you really are. Be yourself. Ultimately this is what decides the success of your life.
Projecting a wrong image of yourself may get you what you want in the short run but you need to remember that it is not sustainable in the long run.
You may also want to take a look at our guide on how to manifest a boyfriend in 6 steps using the law of attraction technique.
- What does chemistry feel like for a man?
- 10 Powerful Signs Of Male Attraction
- 20 Signs of Hidden Male Attraction
- 7 Hidden Signs She Secretly Likes You
- 15 Characteristics of Alpha Females in a Relationship
- How Does An Alpha Male Pursue A Woman
- Hero Instinct 12-word Text Revealed
- How to Deal with an Alpha Female in a Relationship
- What makes alpha males fall in love
- 10 Signs of an Intelligent Woman
- 6 Characteristics of A Strong Woman